Adventures of Adirondack

Adventures of Adirondack

Thursday, May 31, 2012

And on to the Trent-Severn


Wow, we are ahead of schedule and everything still works, even our new TV antenna system so we might even be able to watch some of the Olympics. Yesterday we were in yet another picture perfect anchorage in Georgian Bay, the kind of idyllic spot that would have had six boats already there in high season. Today we are docked just above the first lock in Severn, ready to do the transit to Trent. 

But, the big news is just how well my new buddy Wes is working out. He took the helm more than his share during our two big crossings and agrees with me almost all the time about important boat stuff like filter micron size, sail vs. power, anchor types, cruising weapons, one engine vs. two, etc. He even got a little jealous when I told him how much I cared about my worms, just to show how close we have become. He’s just about perfect, and look how happy he is! I still miss Jennifer, David and Adam, though. No one will ever take their places, not even Wes. Capt. Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment