Adventures of Adirondack

Adventures of Adirondack

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Wilmington again!

We are sitting at a free dock at the Bennett Bros Marina after a day's run from an anchorage at Calabash, SC. It was sooo quiet and peaceful, far from the hustle and noise here in Wilmington, a big town. We pulled into here and I tried to adjust the anchor and the windlass makes a funny noise. This is a great place for a problem like that to surface, I can tell you. They will fix it if i can't.

This is the place where we had the boat worked on last and where I rode out Sandy, the big hurricane. The cats even recognized me!

And while I'm on the topic of broken things, I believe I have a hernia. Just thought you might want to know and I figure I should let you know before anyone asks me to move anything heavy. My doctor told me not to do anything I don't want to until I get it fixed.

I tried to post some photos from Brooke Green Gardens, reportedly the most extensive collection of sculpture in North America, but the program wouldn't work. Later. If you ever get a chance to go there, do so. It will knock your socks off.

We are having a crew change here; Bob and Susan are going home and their spots will be taken by Doug and Linda Peterson, just after they have gotten trained and know where everything is. Sally's the best, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment